LED outdoor flood lights have become a popular choice for more and more people nowadays because of the numerous benefits of using them. LED has many advantages over other types of flood lights, including halogen outdoor flood lights. Halogen has always struggled with having a low lumen per watt, so switching to LED will show an immediate change in your overall energy use. Moreover, traditional halogen also generates more heat than LED outdoor flood lights, and this causes constant wear, resulting to a significantly lower lifespan.
Here are some of the other known benefits of LED flood lights:
- Energy-saving –Typically, a flood light is switched on for about 12 hours a day and 7 days a week. Since LED outdoor flood lights are more energy efficient compared to halogen flood lights, this means a lot of savings in energy. Say, you are currently using a halogen flood light that has 1500 Watts with a lumen output of approximately 33000 Lm. You can replace it with an LED flood light that has 400 Watts with a lumen output of 40000 Lm. Imagine the electricity savings you will have with LED outdoor flood lights! You have the option to use only one light source that has higher lumen output as opposed to multiple light sources just to give ample lighting to an area.
- Better light quality – it has already been established above that an LED flood light with a lower wattage has a higher lumen output than a halogen flood light. This means that LED outdoor flood lights are brighter than halogen and other types of lighting. A single LED flood light can actually do the job of two or even three halogen flood lights. This can add up to your cost savings and it also saves time when you already need to replace your halogen flood lights. Because LEDs are brighter, you will need fewer lights, and thus you will have significant savings on electricity.
- Longer lifespan – you do not need to change your LED outdoor flood lights every so often because they last so much longer than halogen. LED flood lights can last up to 50,000 hours, so they could still be working even after 5 years. Although LED flood lights cost more to buy than halogen flood lights, you can still save a lot more money with LED outdoor flood lights because of the energy savings and the fact that they last longer.
- Light up a greater area – this benefit is important, especially if the flood lights are intended to brighten up a place that has a lot of people that come and go at night time. LED outdoor flood lights offer a lot more to those who need powerful lighting in areas where there are a lot of traffic.
- Can last the whole night – LED flood lights are a great set-up in business areas because you could leave the flood lights switched on at night. Unlike halogens that might burn out, LEDs will last throughout the night.
- Offer better security lighting – LED outdoor floodlight are quite important to keep your company safe. It can provide the lighting that you need within your premises and even outside of your property. These lights also look good at the same time. Because of the higher lumen output of LEDs, security guards will have an easier time to look at the surroundings. This is also great for surveillance cameras because the video capture will be clearer, which increases the security of the company. Employees who are in the night shift can also feel comfortable while working inside.
These things prove that LED outdoor flood lights have more benefits than halogen and other lighting types.